3/08/2016

Such lovely bread

I make amazing bread. Flour Water Salt Yeast by Ken Forkish is my bread bible. There aren't that many recipes in it, but they are thorough. In fact I can't even post the recipe here, as it takes probably 10 pages or more to fully explain and go through the process. There are 4 ingredients, you can probably guess what they are. This was my third attempt at the recipe, might start trying new things with it.

 Just an up close shot here... so tasty. This is the overnight white bread. I find the overnight has a bit more flavor than the one day recipe. Really compares well to local bakery bread.
Yah just one more. He says to bake until dark brown, which i have a difficult time doing. However, this crust is quite crisp yet not too thick, inside is fluffy and perfect. I've taken the bread out at different times, and the darker crust does have a more distinct flavor without tasting burnt. 
Next bread book will be A Passion for Bread  by Lionel Vatinet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment