3/05/2016

Chocolate Beet Muffins (de-veganized)

Ah... my first post. I did all this basically to do some Daring Baking, but I don't much care for this month's challenge. Seems just wonderful, if you have the equipment. Just don't feel like winging it. 

So, I'll post this. I altered the recipe, and now I have it in my form. Neat. I post just the one picture, the very simple, lonely, singular muffin. I can't stand having to scroll through 20 pics to get to a recipes. I blame The Pioneer Woman.

Adapted from:
Minimalist Baker's Fudgey Vegan Double Chocolate Beet Muffins

 

Double Chocolate Beet Muffins 

makes 12

Ingredients
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup beet puree (boil/bake beets until soft, peel, puree)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/3 cups AP flour
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1.5 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. Oven at 375.  Line tin with muffin cups.
  2. Mix beet puree, honey, brown sugar, coconut oil, and milk.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking soda.
  4. Add the wet to the dry ingredients, stir just until mixed. It should be quite thick, think scooping not pouring.
  5. Add chocolate chips, then add some more if you want. 
  6. Put goo in muffin cups.
  7. Bake for 17-22 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes in the pan, remove from tins and let cool on a cooling rack. 

Turned out damn tasty. A little dense for muffins but the chocolate carries the density well. You can pretend it's even healthy. I swore I'd never be the type of mom to sneak veggies in things but damn... things change. I see it more as a better dessert choice than a chocolate covered veg.

No comments:

Post a Comment